This weekend in Amsterdam: you got Easter covered with our insider tips
Spring is in the air and Easter in Amsterdam is just around the corner. With the weather looking to be amazing, we can’t wait to go out and explore our beautiful city. But what is there to do this weekend in Amsterdam? Our team of Amsterdam experts made a full list for you, so you don’t miss anything fun!
You must know that this holiday happens during the tulip season. That is why Amsterdam at Easter is extra special. The city is particularly decorated with many colorful flowers so you might want to pay attention to the sides of the streets, the squares and, perhaps, small corners when you bike past because they will be blooming. Do you want to make the most out of this beautiful time and see the tulip fields? We wrote a whole blog about that right here.
Amazing Easter specials
Do you want to spend your Easter in Amsterdam in an even more special way ? Gorgeous hotels in the city will offer 2 person deals during Easter. Stay overnight, enjoy delicious meals and more importantly, the unmissable Easter brunch.
- Check out the Easter Snooze and Brunch package created by the Ink Hotel Amsterdam. Have a cozy morning enjoying a brunch in bed and a late check out.
- Discover the Staycation in Amsterdam, an all-year long offer perfect for a classy and culinary Easter weekend by the Renaissance Hotel Amsterdam
- For a 5-star stay, book an Easter Retreat at the Hotel de l’Europe overlooking the famous Amstel canal. Enjoy delicious courses, some Champagne as well as a delicious picnic bag for a complete Easter experience in the city
Visit your local market for the best Easter grub
Spring is the perfect time to flock outside after a cold winter, right? Enjoyable mild weather is forecasted for this weekend in Amsterdam. No rain, shiny spells and enjoyable temperatures.
The perfect time this Easter weekend to go outside and find yourself lost in a local market such as the Albert Cuypmarkt, the Dappermarkt, the Nieuwmarkt or the Noordermarkt (which is our personal favorite!). Treat yourself to some seasonal fresh products such as asparagus, lobster, rhubarb or some traditional paasstol to make your own brunch or have a tasty picnic in one of the parks here in Amsterdam during Easter.
Easter brunch delights
Instead of going for an Easter egg hunt, go on a brunch hunt! Many spots help to celebrate Easter, because Easter Brunch or Easter Lunch is an occasion that the Dutch really appreciate.
These places have excellent brunch boxes (but book ahead!):
- Daalder got their first Michelin star, so you really don’t want to miss out on their easter brunch box to celebrate that! You can expect a 3 or 5 course menu of the highest standard!
- The Good Companion - fish lovers, this one is for you! This fishy easter box is filled with all kinds of yum from the sea, all home made.
- Tasty Walk - Some people think about everything : no need for a hunt, just join the Tasty Walk for a guided food tour outside and enjoy the weather this weekend in Amsterdam.
When the season starts again, we have a special treat for you - a unique Brunch Cruise! Enjoy the tranquility of Amsterdam canals while savouring a local and complete brunch, made by our own personal chef. We can’t wait to have you aboard one of our boats again for special occasions for your family and friends!
This Amsterdam weekend you will have a full local and unforgettable experience with colorful tulips, tasty brunches, picnics in a beautiful city and of course, special moments in good company with your family and friends. Enjoy this weekend in Amsterdam and Happy Easter!